CSS Ning Nav Bar Help

Featured Designs Forums Requests CSS Ning Nav Bar Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Chazz
    Participant

I design Ning themes and have an interesting idea for my navigation bar on Ning 3.0. I sat my navigation bar to remain fixed rather than scroll. The coding for that is remedial at best. I want to be able to place it permanently at the bottom of the browser window but there is one problem with that. I can’t seem to fix the Sub Tab menu to open upward even when I used the ‘bottom: 100% attribute. Normally that should force the sub tab menu to automatically have sub tabs which drop upward instead of downward, Right? If anyone has a bit of help to offer with this coding dilemma, please let me know. It would be tremendously appreciated.

Chazz
    Participant

Please let me know if you can help.

AnGella
    Keymaster

Hi there Chazz. I am not offering public support for Ning 3.0 CSS since it is a feature only accessible by site creators. However I can give you some basic CSS tips that might be of help to you.

Try adding the following to your subtab CSS with that bottom: 100%; value.

position: absolute;

Also, have you tried using the !important tag?

If you need Ning 3.0 specific help I have created a group at our Ning site for network admins. click here to check it out. Membership is granted with a minimum donation of $20/year.

Chazz
    Participant

Thank You AnGella. Believe it or not I had tried that as well. Personally I think Ning is making a major mistake with this 3.0 change. Hope I am not out of line saying so.

AnGella
    Keymaster

Not out of line at all. I agree they need responsive design, but to gut and rebuild the whole system seems really extreme. I will do a little tinkering if I can later after I get my little one to bed and see if I can’t come up with something for you.

You say your nav bar is positioned at the bottom of the page?
    You might want to try a negative top margin for your subtabs.

Example:

.sbutabClass {margin-top: -30px;}

AnGella
    Keymaster

This worked on my tester page but will need to be adjusted depending on how many subtabs you have. Also since there are not enough specific classes for each nav item, it will effect all nav item subtabs. 🙁

It is reasons like this that made me decide to charge for Ning 3.0 support. Each case will be very different.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.